About the Roster Manager
The Roster Manager on your Course Center provides all of the tools you need to view, print, and merge rosters, as well as create seating charts. If your school uploads attendance data, you will see an option to view attendance by period. Use the links on the left navigation menu for more information about the Seating Chart and Merging Rosters.
Click Roster next to the Period to see the list of students. Registered students will have an envelope icon next their name. Use this to email the student's education team. On this list you can click the student name to access the student record. You can also click to the Progress Reports and reset passwords for your students. Unregistered students are designated by a red star next to their name.
Downloading and Printing Rosters
You can download your rosters in Text or Excel format. Both give you columns for First Name, Last Name, ID numbers, Grade, and email address (if available in the student’s School Loop account).
Use the Roster Printout button to print 10 or 20 column blank grids in alphabetical or gradebook order which you can use to record grades or take attendance.
Adding Numbering to Rosters in Excel
If you want to print a roster with numbers added to students, you can do this easily in Excel. Here are the steps:
- From the Roster Manager, download your roster using the Download (Excel) link.
- In Excel, Right-click on the first column and choose Insert. This inserts a new column to left of the First Name column.
- Type 1 in the empty cell next to the first student's name.
- Type 2 in the empty cell next to the second student's name.
- Select the two cells, then hover over the bottom right corner of the selected cells until the cursor changes to a +.
- Drag with the left mouse button down the column until you get to the last student row.
- Release the mouse and you now have numbering for your students ready for printing.