In School Loop Plus all students are automatically uploaded to the system. However, they must register to receive the daily email, or have access to their Portal Pages. Students who have not previously registered, must register. Returning students who were registered last year do not need to re-register. Students who switch schools will have to register again at their new school site. We highly recommend that you have a formal school-wide system for student registration.
Registered students can submit work online, participate in assignment discussions, email their teachers directly through LoopMail and can store documents and links in their digital locker. The locker and its contents are available 24/7 from anywhere there is an internet connection.
When viewing the Student Directory in School Loop, a red asterisk appears next to the name of each Unregistered student.
Students will need their student ID and self-register for memberships from your school's login page. Registration for parents and students is almost exactly the same. The biggest difference is students are not required to enter an email address.
In School Loop Plus parents and caregivers self-register by going to the school's School Loop web site and clicking on the Register Now button. They will need their student's ID# to complete the form. Registration literally takes less than two minutes.
Once registered, parents will receive a daily email that includes their child's assignments, progress reports, and school news published for parents.
Once logged in, parents can add additional children to their account by clicking on the Add Student link from the Tool Box at the top right of their Portal Page.
When a student switches schools in the district, both the student and the parent will need to register new accounts at the new school.
School Loop is a valuable way for you to communicate with the parent community. We believe that students will be more successful if parents and caregivers are informed and in the Loop.
School Loop Standard does not have a parent registration feature.
Directory Services Software Registration
Students in a district using a Directory Service software will have accounts created within School Loop automatically. However, these accounts must be activated before users may login. Parents must register for an account in the same fashion as non-directory service schools as stated above.
For more detailed information about activating accounts please see our Directory Services page.
Tips to encourage parent & student Registration
- Summer Registration: When students (and parents) are on campus to register during the summer, set up a few computers (the more the better). Have a few student or parent volunteers stationed to assist. Each computer should be set to your school's URL for School Loop. Registration takes only 2 minutes. It's best to have the station after the student receives his/her ID card or schedule of classes that clearly displays the Student ID number. Note: New incoming parents and students will not be able to register over the summer until schedules for the new year are imported from the Student Information System. This typically occurs the just before school starts.
- Utilize Computer Labs : During the 1st week of school, create a rotation schedule where all English teachers bring their students to the computer lab. You can quickly register all the students in your school with this method. Be sure the teacher brings his or her roll book in case a student forgets to bring his or her ID number.
- Hold a School Loop Registration Day: Designate a particular day where teachers commit to looking at their School Loop rosters. Any student with a red asterisks next to their name means that student is not registered. Teachers can use their computer in class to register students. Make it a tag team event. Students can commit to getting their parents registered on that day as well. Make a competition out of it - the teacher/class who registers the most students wins a prize!
- Include information about School Loop in the registration packets for your students.
- Send a flyer home with how to register instructions (Instructions in Spanish and English are available for download in the left column).