About Course Archives
Each year, the assignments, notes, locker contents and progress reports for School Loop Plus teacher accounts are archived. And starting with the archives for 2015/16, you may also download an Excel copy of the contents of your gradebooks.
Teachers may not only view their archived data, but in the case of assignments, notes, and locker content, these archives may be republished for the current year. Progress reports obviously do not need to be republished, but you may view and print progress reports for individual students.
We have just added a new feature that allows teachers to move archived course content within School Loop schools. See below for more details.
Access your course archives using the link in Quick Links on your portal homepage.
Republish Archived Data
- Click the Course Archives link in the Quick Links section of your portal.
- To republish archived data to the new school year, click the link for Assignments, Lessons, Units Notes, or Locker.
- Click the Copy button.
- Select desired course or choose All(Mass Copy) to publish an assignment to all courses.
- Fill out the form presented and make any edits if desired, including the assign and due dates.
- Click the Publish button.
Assignments can be copied to any active course in your schedule or curriculum group to which you belong. Lessons and Units can be copied to any active course in your schedule.
View Progress Reports and Download Gradebooks
In our latest version it is now possible to download last year's progress reports and gradebooks.
If you click Progress Reports link, you'll be taken to a screen in which you can see the list of students organized by periods for that specific year and click on a student name to view the progress report and print it if needed.
If you would like to download a gradebook, just click the specific gradebook link that you want to download. In the next screen you will find the direct link to download that gradebook in Microsoft Office Excel format (.xls extension). Once you download it you can customize in Excel any way you need (e.g., delete columns).
Q: I have the same schedule this year, do I need to copy Locker files from the course archives?
A: No. You do not need to copy the content of your archived course lockers if you are teaching the same courses this year. The course lockers are already populated with your content.
Q: Is there a limit to the number of years course material is archived?
A: No, School Loop will archive every year, every course.
Q: What exactly is archived?
A: Your course archives are organized by year, subject, and content type. Assignments, Lessons, Units, Notes, Locker, and Progress Reports are archived. For a complete list of what data is archived, see the Year-to-Year Archiving Help page.
Q: Not all of the links are active, why?
A: Items that are not hyperlinks indicate that there was no content of that type to archive.
Q: I am getting an early start, why can't I copy before the beginning of the school year?
A: Before the first day of school you will not be able to copy archived content until your school has imported schedules for the new year.
Q: How complete is the archived assignment or note?
A: Any previously attached files and links have also been archived.
Q: Can I copy assignments to a curriculum group?
A: Yes. If you are a member of a curriculum group, the option to copy assignments to that group will be avaliable. Lessons and Units cannot be published directly from the archives to curriculum groups.
New! Move Course Content Across Schools
Now you can download assignments, lessons, notes and locker content in one single step. In our new release we've added a feature that allows you to click a link under each of last year's classes and download the content in a .zip file (content in compressed format for storage purposes) for you to bring with you to another School Loop school. This is what the new Course Archives interface looks like:
Let's say you're a teacher who is moving to a new school. If you want to take your class content with you, just follow these simple steps:
1. Login into School Loop and go to your Course Archives. In the next screen (above), click the Download Course Content link for the class content you want to download. A .zip file with the name of the class is downloaded to your default local Download folder (e.g., ALGEBRA_1A_SPR_2015_Archive.zip). This .zip file can only be used to transfer course content within School Loop and cannot be manipulated outside of this platform.
2. When your account at the new school is ready, login into School Loop and go to your Course Archives. on the top yellow section click the Upload Course Content button.
3. Click the Select Course drop-down menu to pick the destination for you course archive. This is where the content of your .zip file will reside and you will be able to copy this content to your courses the same way you copy any other course archive.
4. Click the Choose File button to select the .zip file and then click the Upload button.
A confirmation message will be displayed when the upload is completed and the new course archive content will be available for you to copy to a current course.