With School Loop's app for the iPad, students can view all their current assignments and turn in work using files stored in their School Loop Locker. They can also save files created using other iPad apps to their School Loop locker. The app is designed to work in an environment where iPads are shared, but can be configured for use by individuals who own an iPad.
Download the App
Available for download in the Apple App Store.
When you first launch the app, you must select your school. Start by tapping where you see “Choose Your School”. Now find your district and then your school. Once you've selected your school, the app will remember your choice.
If your school is not part of a school district (typically private schools or charter schools that have signed up independent of a school district), search for “Charter District” and select the one with your time zone in parentheses, for example: Charter District (Pacific).
Use your School Loop login name and password to log into the app.
Use the Navicon (3 flat bars located at the upper left corner of the screen) to open the slide out menu. Options in the student app include:
- Assignments (default view): View assignment details, including attachments and embedded videos, and submit work from My Locker.
- Dropbox: A list of previously submitted work with date and timestamp.
- Lockers: Use iPad apps to view items in course or personal lockers and save work from iPad to My Locker.
- Web Site: Links to the login page for the full School Loop website portal using an iPad browser.
- Logout: Always logout when using shared iPads.
- Password Lock: Tap your name at the bottom of the slide out navigation menu to access this setting. Enabling this feature requires the user to enter their password after 5 minutes of inactivity.
Students can save work created on their iPad to their School Loop personal locker. While this process varies from app to app, the process generally involves using the option to “share” within the app (like Pages) and then choosing the School Loop iPad app. Doing so will save the file at the root level of My Locker. Such saved files then may be turned in for assignments.
Turn Work In
The default view for students is a list of their current assignments. Tapping any assignment brings up the assignment details and options for turning in work. Students may choose to submit work from their personal locker or from the camera roll (photos saved on the iPad). Once a file or image is selected, the Turn Work In button becomes active. All submitted work is listed in the Dropbox section of the app. Students may repeat this process to resubmit work. When resubmitting work, the previous submission is overwritten. Tapping assignments in the Dropbox also allows student to view details and resubmit work.
All lockers available to a student are displayed in this view. Navigate locker contents by tapping on folders or the breadcrumb links near the top of the screen. Tapping an individual file will highlight the View and Open in Application buttons. Both options require an app that supports the type of file selected. The app does not support file management.
Teacher, check out our easy 1-page guide to getting started with the iPad app.