About The School Loop Gradebook
Each course gradebook is automatically populated with the correct roster of students based on the data imported from your school's student information system. As students add, drop or change periods, your gradebook is automatically updated after each of the nightly imports.
Getting To Your Gradebooks
The easiest way to access your current gradebooks is to use the Current Gradebooks menu on the horizontal menu bar near the top of every page of your account. Alternately, you may use the Gradebook links in the Dashboard of your portal homepage or the Gradebook section of your course centers.
Using Your Gradebook
The essential components of your gradebook include:
(1) The title and date range for your gradebook - you may edit both.
(2) Access your gradebooks and all settings via the menu bar.
(3) View Tabs - Numbered tabs indicate the periods you teach for a given course; All Grades shows a summary of student scores by category; Published Grades also shows a summary, but only for those grades you've published for students and parents.
(4) Gradebook Tools - Easy access to tools such as the seating chart, drop lowest score, print reports, transfer grades, and more.
(5) Mode - Options for how your gradebook displays information include Points (raw scores), Percent, and Locked (scores). "Show Dropped" button displays dropped students with strike through. This button toggles between "Show Dropped" and "Hide Dropped". There's also a convenient button for adding new assignments to the gradebook.
(6) Assignment Details - Title, max points, and class average. The Green dot indicates that you've published the scores for that assignment for parents and students to view. Hover over the assignment title for access to more details and links to edit, copy and delete.
(7) Save grades you've entered or Publish saved grades for parent and students to view.
(8) Go To menu - Quickly jump to any assignment or change views page by page. Reorder assignments or Reorder/Hide students with a simple drag-and-drop interface. Auto fill empty cells with any value.
(9) Your students and their current gradebook average. Click the envelope icon next to a students name to start a LoopMail message to the student, their parent, and anyone listed on their Learning Management Team. Click a student's name to access the student scoresheet.