Assignments are an integral part of the School Loop Plus system. Teachers publish assignments so students and parents can access them. Students can even turn their work in online - and parents can see the work! Assignments can be published to the gradebook, the webpage, and the calendar. Current Assignments, assigned or due in the current week, appear in the Current Assignment list in the Dashboard on the Portal homepage for teachers, students, and parent.
There are several ways to access the Assign Work form:
- Click the blue Assign Work button at the top left the Dashboard on your Portal Homepage
- Click the Gradebook link to the far right of a course title in the Dashboard of your Portal Homepage
- From inside a gradbook, click the Add Item button near the top center of the gradbook homepage
For each assignment, you must assign the work to your classes by period, choose an assign and due date, and give it a title. There are several optional settings such as attaching files or links (these will be available for both parents and students to download), choosing a category (essential if you use weighting), and set the maximum score (for assignents that will appear in the gradebook).
Note: Assignments are displayed in the gradebook by due date. If your assignment is not showing up, make sure it is due within the date range of your gradebook.
Copy, Edit, or Delete Assignments
Everywhere you see your assignments listed in School Loop - Calendars, Gradebooks, and Course Centers - the title is always a hyperlink. Click the title to Copy, Edit, or Delete that assignment. The Copy function is useful when you wish to reassign an old assignment or for those instances when you need to make similar but different assignments for your classes. It saves you the trouble of having to retype all the details for that assignment a second time.
Accidentally delete an assignment? Don't panic, it can be restored along with any grades that were entered.
1. At the top of your portal page, hover over Course Centers and select your course.
2. In the Assignments section in the course center, click Undelete Assignments.
3. On the Undelete Assignments page, place a check next to the assignment to be recovered.
4. Click Save; Success message will be seen.
5. Return to gradebook to view restored assignment.
Note: Republish grades after recovering assignments to update the progress report.