About Call Alerts
With School Loop Plus, teachers can get critical messages home with a single phone call in the parent's native language. If a teacher assigns a test or something important is due, parents without a registered account can still be kept in the loop. School Loop can currently deliver these messages in 28 languages:
Arabic, Armenian, Cantonese, English, Farsi, French, German, Haitian, Hindi, Hmong, Italian, Japanese, Khmer, Korean, Lao, Mandarin, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Russian, Samoan, Somali, Spanish, Tagalog, Thai, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese.
Note: Parents with registered accounts will not receive these phone calls, as their portal pages and daily emails serve as their source for information pertaining to assignments and tests.
Importing Call Alerts Data
There are two methods for importing the data necessary to use the Call Alerts feature. Both methods use a data file with the following requirements.
- Plain text; ASCII encoding; no column headings or quotes around each data value.
- The columns: Student ID (either permanent or local), Parent home phone number (formatted as pictured below), Home Language (see the list of languages above – case insensitive, but spelling matters).
- For students with more than one parent with different phone numbers, add an additional row, with the same student ID, 2nd phone number, and Home Language.
1. Administrators may access the upload interface by selecting Parents in User Management located at the top left of the page.
2. On the Parent List, click the Upload Phone Numbers button.
3. Navigate to the tab delimited, plain text ASCII file.
4. Click Submit.
To update the School Loop System, generate and upload a new data file as often as necessary.
The Call Alerts data file can be included with the nightly data upload. For more information, see the Data Integration document in the left column of the Data Imports page. You may also contact School Loop support for help.